Re: Setting up an iPad without an AppleID

Sujet : Re: Setting up an iPad without an AppleID
De : thomas.e.elam (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Tom Elam)
Groupes : comp.sys.mac.advocacy comp.sys.mac.system misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 30. Aug 2024, 15:22:03
On 8/17/2024 2:49 PM, -hh wrote:
On 8/17/24 2:31 AM, Tom Elam wrote:
On 8/4/2024 2:35 PM, Alan wrote:
I realize there are those here who are less than honest, so I thought I'd present EVERY screenshot of setting up an iPad after a factory reset.

Here they are:

<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UkFTfR0p5MyRakngCmF0NstYjF8OOb5j?usp=share_link>

Let's walk through them, together.

First, you get the "Hello" screen.
No real name, no real DoB... ...no credit card.

Exactly what can you do with this iPad set up with no Apple account?
 Doesn't matter, because the point of this exercise was to debunk a troll's claim that the hardware absolutely couldn't ever possibly be set up without it.
  -hh
Set it up then try to make it really useful without an account? How?
The troll was wrong, but what you wind up with is going to be a limited device.
BTW, I personally have zero issues with having Apple accounts on our devices. Makes life simple and they all talk to each other. Much easier to work with than multiple Android branded devices.