Re: phone migration

Sujet : Re: phone migration
De : REMOVETHISbadgolferman (at) *nospam* gmail.com (badgolferman)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 19. Jul 2024, 14:44:14
Alan wrote:

The primitive toy iPhone is incapable of migrating over the EXACT
location of every folder and every app icon (and every widget &
shortcut too).

False.

When I signed back into iCloud on my new iPhone the apps from the
previous phone did not migrate over.

With Android, you save the homescreen on the old & load it back to
the new.

Then, EVERY app icon is on the new phone EXACTLY where it was on
the old.

Just like it is on an iPhone.

That is not my experience with any iPhone I've had, personal or
corporate.  The apps get downloaded if they're still on the App Store,
but not in the same layout or folders they've been placed into.

One of the first things I do with a new phone is move most of the
preloaded Apple programs into an Unused folder, sometimes I even delete
them.  Yet these always remain where they were when preloaded at the
factory.  I also move other icons into folders so I can have more on
the Home page 1 screen.  These do not get placed back in the same
folders.

--
"You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones
you want to concentrate on." ~ George W. Bush