Re: AI: "Apple Intelligence" - personal and private + ChatGPT 4o

Sujet : Re: AI: "Apple Intelligence" - personal and private + ChatGPT 4o
De : nuh-uh (at) *nospam* nope.com (Alan)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone comp.sys.mac.system
Date : 12. Jun 2024, 01:37:16
On 2024-06-11 15:10, Your Name wrote:

On 2024-06-11 12:09:40 +0000, Alan Browne said:

But adding features is where they have to go to keep relevant and abreast of the competition if not passing it.

AI is not a "feature". It's just another useless bandwagon-jumping gimmick to sell yet another new phone to stupid people. Thankfully the

Given my experience with it (ChatGPT), and given the failings of "helpful" features such as Siri, it's plain you're complaining w/o knowing what it's all about and what it can and cannot do.
 The point was that 95% of users don't care what it can and cannot do, even if they understood it.
 "Artificial intelligence" (an oxymoron) is mainly for those who don't have any real intelligence and/or are too lazy to do things themselves. Same with "smart" devices, which are mostly just incredibly stupid.

silliness can (reportedly) be turned off ... yet something else I need to include on the growing "turn off" list for on every device I set up for people.  :-(

When you setup for "people" you should let them decide what they want - not impose your desires and prejudices upon them.
 The people I set up devices for are tech novices who just want to use the devices for simple things (like 95% of users do). The fewer complications and pointless "features" there are, the better it is for them ... and, yes, for me as well.
 Time Machine gets turned off, touch gestures on the mouse (other than scrolling up / down) get turned off, as did the old "squeeze me" button, etc. and so now will this useless AI nonsense.
 If it's something they specifically want or actually need, then it can get turned back on. That is what they pay me to know as their tech expert. The reality is that none of the things I turn off has ever actually needed to be turned on again ... because they *are* just marketing gimmicks that most normal people simply do not need nor want.

Wow.
So no one ever learns anything new.
Got it.