Re: Apple asking for new password on some browsers

Sujet : Re: Apple asking for new password on some browsers
De : cshannon1898 (at) *nospam* yahoo.com (Connor Shannon)
Groupes : comp.sys.mac.system
Date : 10. Jul 2024, 04:54:57
On 7/9/24 5:23 AM, Alan Browne wrote:
On 2024-07-08 12:40, Connor Shannon wrote:
On 7/7/24 4:35 AM, Alan Browne wrote:

Also a good time to set up Apple Passkeys for your devices that have a bio lock (fingerprint, face recognition) - do this once you've updated your creds (password) on all your machines.

Hi Alan you are probably right and I should just bite the bullet and do that.

Have you ever seen that "security reasons" message before? If my password is old (it is) why wouldn't Apple just say "It's time to change your password"?
 I think so.  BTW: Neglected to say: do look up that message on the web - there are several articles replying to it.
 But, in any case, occasional round-the-devices, changing passwords is a good thing - same for iCloud.

I don't know about Passkeys but I use TouchID on my Macs and FaceID on my iPhone.
 Then you're in position to use Passkeys.  Read about them first.  They work on the Apple and Amazon sites to name a couple - it's growing - slowly.

Okay thank you.
I looked and that window was definitely from Apple, it said forgot.apple.com. And it asked me some questions to make sure it was really me. So I decided to go ahead and do the unlock. I got an okay on my Mac and also I got an email from Apple that my ID is unlocked.
I know I should go ahead and change the pw sometime but i was curious what this unlock thing was all about so I did that for now. Thank you.