Re: Problems with latest Java RE update??

Sujet : Re: Problems with latest Java RE update??
De : bunglebob (at) *nospam* thejungle.com (BungleBob)
Groupes : comp.sys.mac.system
Date : 22. Jul 2024, 00:16:07
On 2024-07-21 17:46:21 +0000, Percival John Hackworth said:
On Jul 20, 2024 at 8:51:40 PM PDT, "BungleBob" <bunglebob@thejungle.com>
wrote:
 The Java preference panel popped up a notice about an update today
(Java RE 8 update 421 build 09), so I installed it, but it seems to be
buggy. After installation, the control panel simply crashes every time
you try to open it.
 I reinstalled the previous version (Java RE 8 update 371) and that is
working fine.
 Looks like it might be a good idea to skip this latest update.
 I installed the update on my M1 Studio on Jul 17th. I haven't had any problems
you described. I can run the Preference panel, click on the Java Icon, and the
updater app runs. It says I'm running the current release and doesn't offer an
update.
 Have you tried installing the update on a VM of your machine with all your
startup applications disabled (e.g. login with SHIFT depressed)?
Have you tried installing the update on a VM of your machine running an
earlier release of MacOS?
Hmmmm. Maybe it's just an issues with Intel and/or High Sierra Macs.
I did trying unstaling the old version and then the new version, but that made no difference. The control panel still kept crashing when trying to open.