Re: Broken Intel MBP's top left USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 port?

Sujet : Re: Broken Intel MBP's top left USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 port?
De : ant (at) *nospam* zimage.comANT (Ant)
Groupes : comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc comp.sys.mac.misc comp.sys.mac.portables comp.sys.mac.system comp.sys.mac.systems
Date : 24. Jul 2024, 17:29:23
In comp.sys.mac.portables Ant <ant@zimage.comant> wrote:
Hello,

A 2020 13.3" Intel MBP (A2251 model; MWP62LL/A)'s top left
USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 port stopped working for power charging and
connecting with original Apple USB-C power and third party power
adapters (e.g., Anker). I even tried to connecting Apple's USB-C Digital
AV Multiport Adapter and iPhones, but macOS Ventura v13.6.7's top right
notification says "USB Accessories Disabled -- Unplug the accessory
using too much power to re-enable USB devices." even with direct iPhone
connected with USB-C and lighting cables! Also, no HDMI video too.

The other three ports worked fine so I suspect this port is busted since
I used it a lot. I looked inside and things looked OK (not dirty and
dusty), but it was tiny and hard to see inside. Does anyone know what
else to try? I wonder if it got fried inside. I sniffed that port and
didn't smell anything unusual. My client said that port stopped working
during his out of country week hot and humid trip.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

I just tried two USB-C hardwares (a flash stick and a mouse) on this
"broken" USB-C/TB3 port. Both also failed to connect and macOS Ventura
v13.6.7 says "USB Accessories Disabled -- Unplug the accessory using too
much power to re-enable USB devices." I think this hardware port is
broken. What do you think?
--
"What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God ??? through Jesus Christ our Lord!" --Romans 7:24-25. So many issues!
  /\___/\   Ant(Dude) @ http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org.