Re: Broken Intel MBP's top left USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 port?

Sujet : Re: Broken Intel MBP's top left USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 port?
De : ant (at) *nospam* zimage.comANT (Ant)
Groupes : comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc comp.sys.mac.misc comp.sys.mac.portables comp.sys.mac.system comp.sys.mac.systems
Date : 25. Jul 2024, 20:43:32
In comp.sys.mac.portables Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote:
On 2024-07-24 02:01, Ant wrote:
Hello,

A 2020 13.3" Intel MBP (A2251 model; MWP62LL/A)'s top left
USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 port stopped working for power charging and
connecting with original Apple USB-C power and third party power
adapters (e.g., Anker). I even tried to connecting Apple's USB-C Digital
AV Multiport Adapter and iPhones, but macOS Ventura v13.6.7's top right
notification says "USB Accessories Disabled -- Unplug the accessory
using too much power to re-enable USB devices." even with direct iPhone
connected with USB-C and lighting cables! Also, no HDMI video too.

The other three ports worked fine so I suspect this port is busted since
I used it a lot. I looked inside and things looked OK (not dirty and
dusty), but it was tiny and hard to see inside. Does anyone know what
else to try? I wonder if it got fried inside. I sniffed that port and
didn't smell anything unusual. My client said that port stopped working
during his out of country week hot and humid trip.

Use a thin piece of stiff paper and alcohol to go in there and clean the
contacts and absorb moisture.  Might do it.

That didn't help. No changes. I think this port is fried or something. :(
--
"Moses thought that his own people would realize that God was using him to rescue them, but they did not." --Acts 7:25. 2 hot. SDCC, Olympics, & DP&W!
  /\___/\   Ant(Dude) @ http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org.