Re: Why? - EXPLANATION!

Sujet : Re: Why? - EXPLANATION!
De : BDB (at) *nospam* nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Groupes : comp.sys.mac.system
Date : 26. Aug 2024, 01:08:36
On 25/08/2024 23:41, You're Kidding wrote:
On Aug 24, 2024 at 5:15:34 AM EDT, "David Brooks" <BDB@nomail.afraid.org>
wrote:

On 24/08/2024 01:05, Snit wrote:
On Aug 23, 2024 at 4:21:05 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<lisjr1F5itgU3@mid.individual.net>:

On 24/08/2024 00:11, Snit wrote:
On Aug 23, 2024 at 4:04:31 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<lisirvF5itgU1@mid.individual.net>:

On 23/08/2024 21:16, Snit wrote:
On Aug 23, 2024 at 10:16:52 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<lirug4F1vc0U4@mid.individual.net>:

On 23/08/2024 17:09, Snit wrote:
On Aug 23, 2024 at 9:04:04 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<lirq7kF1vc0U1@mid.individual.net>:

On 23/08/2024 15:31, Snit wrote:
On Aug 23, 2024 at 1:20:03 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<liqv1jFsidqU1@mid.individual.net>:

On 23/08/2024 00:10, Snit wrote:
On Aug 22, 2024 at 2:14:09 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<lipo11Fn1psU1@mid.individual.net>:

On 22/08/2024 18:01, Snit wrote:
On Aug 22, 2024 at 9:56:43 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<lip8ubFkrm3U1@mid.individual.net>:

On 22/08/2024 17:52, Snit wrote:
On Aug 22, 2024 at 7:36:19 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<lip0n3Fjk9uU1@mid.individual.net>:

On 22/08/2024 14:59, Snit wrote:
On Aug 22, 2024 at 4:34:10 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<liom1iFi2vaU1@mid.individual.net>:

Data could not be decoded.
Data could not be decoded.

Any idea why?

Context?

Here's a screenshot - you'll have to magnify:-

https://i.ibb.co/jLBHSfw/4278848-B-D336-4-FD4-9-EA4-2260-CDD43-D61.png

You posted the reason why your posts at the forum were removed and now you are
asking others why it was removed? It was removed for the reasons you posted.

Really?

Please cite

No MID?

Arg! I copied the whole message. My client sometimes does stupid things.

Sorry it did not come through the first time.

OK

That was the message sent from Apple with their standard routine bollox!

*I want to know what nerve my question touched*.

There was NOTHING "inappropriate" about my question. (Or do you think
there was?)

Someone notified Apple that that 'WhiterThanWhite' - who asked the
question on the ASC - was actually me.

There is no way to challenge an arbitrary decision made by those running
the ASC forums. Even Apple Support advises folk to simply reinvent
themselves under a new Apple ID and carry-on-regardless!

You quoted where they said you should not.

I did indeed. I'm not hiding anything!

I have also explained that BDAqua, a major player on the ASC forums,
TOLD me to reinvent myself under another Apple ID.|
Apple Support - by telephone - also told me the same thing.

They were OK with it until you continued behavior they asked you to stop. OK.

I really do wish you would pay proper attention.

You have been repeatedly asked to stop posting things about other companies
and about your fears of malware. You keep doing so and are now not welcome
there.

Who has told you that?

Please give them a ring yourself and ask Apple Support about the ASC
forums and let us know what they say over there in the USA.

I have no desire to be kicked from the forums for harassing them over how they
handle people who do not respect their rules.

How is calling Apple Support on the 'phone going to hassle anyone on the
ASC forums?

OK, no désire to harass Apple in any medium.

I didn't ask you to harass Apple.

You want me to contact them and ask about your battle with them. That would
not be appropriate.

That is not correct.

I suggested that you 'phone Apple Support and ask if it is OK for you to
reinvent yourself under a new Apple ID in order to gain access to the
ASC forums.

Get involved in your battle with them. But you already said they said it was
OK. This is all so weird.

Do YOU thinks it's OK to use an AppleID - other than your "real" one -
in order to access the ASC forums?

I would likely only use my real one. I do not know. But you said they said it
was OK.

Yes indeed. They don't seem to think it's a security risk.

They make up their own rules, Snit.

Sure... it is their forum. Who else should make the rules?

https://discussions.apple.com/terms

Apple should make the rules - and Apple should moderate the ASC forums.

Apple do NOT moderate the ASC forums.

If you don't believe me, ask the question on the ASC forums!

They oversee it, surely.

I'm not sure that they do. How will you find out the truth of this matter?

Why would I get caught up in it? I do not use the forums except very casually.

To help satisfy my curiosity! ;-)

I am not comfortable digging into them for you after you have been kicked out
for what you describe as repeated poor behavior. Does not seem moral.

THEY have described my behaviour in that way.

That is, or course, untrue. I /have/ asked searching questions and some
folk there don't like that.
SOMEBODY there also manipulates posts/threads to suit their own agenda!

Why not test for yourself instead of making yourself persona non grata
here in my Usenet group?

Try it ....... you might like it! ;-)
 Can't you and Snit take this to private email?
You're Kidding! 😎