Re: Sequoia 15 - Passwords / Errata /^

Sujet : Re: Sequoia 15 - Passwords / Errata /^
De : jollyroger (at) *nospam* pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Groupes : comp.sys.mac.system
Date : 25. Sep 2024, 00:01:15
On 2024-09-24, Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote:
On 2024-09-24 17:01, Alan Browne wrote:
On 2024-09-24 14:18, Jolly Roger wrote:

I do have a minor gripe with the new Passwords app: When viewing the
details page for a given password, the 2FA code doesn't display any sort

I think you meant One-time-password here, not 2FA.

of visual count down to when they expire and change to a new number.
So you might start to enter a number only to have it change before you
are done. Other 2FA authenticator apps I've used give you an
indication (such as

Haven't used Apple Password 2FA gen'd codes so no comment - but I get
OTP
what you mean.  Usually (from my side) the 2FA is the site I'm logging
onto sending a code via SMS (which is not super secure[1]).

I did, thanks for the correction!

[1] Veritasium hacks Linus Tech Tips phone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVyu7NB7W6Y

Yep! SMS messages can also be easily spoofed. It's just not secure by
design.

JR