Re: Forced space

Sujet : Re: Forced space
De : pieter-l (at) *nospam* vanoostrum.org (Pieter van Oostrum)
Groupes : comp.text.tex
Date : 02. Jul 2024, 14:02:46
db <dieterhansbritz@gmail.com> writes:

In a text I'm writing, I have this line

is \begin{otherlanguage}{russian}река \end{otherlanguage}\;(rieka),

If I don't put the \; in and put a space in instead, there is
no space after compiling. As it is with \;, there is a space,
but now "(rieka)" is highlighted yellow. How come? What is the
best way to force a space where I have that \; ?
--
db

When I put your line in a minimal LaTeX document with \; replaced by a space, there is a space between 'река' and '(rieka)'. I think this is the space that is after 'река' in the source.

And what do you mean by highlighted yellow?
--
Pieter van Oostrum <pieter@vanoostrum.org>
www: http://pieter.vanoostrum.org/