Re: How to read Web pages with funny backslashes?

Sujet : Re: How to read Web pages with funny backslashes?
De : ram (at) *nospam* zedat.fu-berlin.de (Stefan Ram)
Groupes : comp.text.tex
Date : 01. Aug 2024, 00:51:17
nobody@nowhere.invalid (Marc Olschok) wrote or quoted:
It is ordinary LaTeX inside the \[ ... \] marks (if you happen to use
math.stackechange or mathoverflow ore the nlab etc. you probably have
already seen this). The strange thing is that the & inside the matrix
are replaced by the &amp; , so they will display as & but of course not
compile. I do not know if this is meant to be this way or an error on
the web page.

  Oh, that only happened because I showed the HTML source code
  of the webpage in my second post. But the problem still exists
  even if you replace "&amp;" with "&".

  In the meantime, I asked my buddy, the chatbot, to convert it
  into acceptable LaTeX for me, and he nailed it! His trick? He
  added a "\usepackage{amsmath}"!