Re: [LaTeX] How to tell the user that the document wasn't compiled with -shell-escape flag?

Sujet : Re: [LaTeX] How to tell the user that the document wasn't compiled with -shell-escape flag?
De : ram (at) *nospam* zedat.fu-berlin.de (Stefan Ram)
Groupes : comp.text.tex
Date : 22. Aug 2024, 22:02:40
Annada Behera <segfault@tilde.green> wrote or quoted:
Anybody has any idea how that can be done. Thank you.

  Lately, the newer versions of "shellesc" (like since 2020?)
  are said to define "ShellEscapeStatus." So, you could totally
  do something like this:

\usepackage{shellesc}

\ifnum\ShellEscapeStatus=1 \else
\PackageError{mypackage}{use shell escape}{or else}
\fi

  But since I'm rocking an older version, I can't check this out
  myself!

|The shell escape status may be queried by checking the
|integer (chardef) command \ShellEscapeStatus, 0 (disabled) 1
|(enabled) 2 (restricted).
probably from the docs (2023)