Re: Double harpoons?

Sujet : Re: Double harpoons?
De : me (at) *nospam* yahoo.com (Athel Cornish-Bowden)
Groupes : comp.text.tex
Date : 06. Sep 2024, 12:19:41
On 2024-09-06 09:28:22 +0000, db said:

I want to write a reversible chemial reaction using
what I call double harpoons, but they don't seem to
exist in LaTeX. Or do they? Using \longdoublearrows
doesn't quite make it.
I have felt the same need and the same frustration at not finding a good solution.
What I do is
\newcommand {\reversible}{\hspace*{-0.08cm}\begin{array}{c}
_\rightarrow\[-0.17cm]
^\leftarrow\
\end{array}\hspace*{-0.08cm}}
This does what I want, but not necessarily what you want.
--
Athel -- French and British, living in Marseilles for 37 years; mainly in England until 1987.