Re: Clock & Message Homes

Sujet : Re: Clock & Message Homes
De : le (at) *nospam* main.lekno.ws (Louis Epstein)
Groupes : comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc
Date : 09. Mar 2024, 01:30:59
Louis Epstein <le@main.lekno.ws> wrote:
Just where in the system do I find
1)what time zone the system is set to,and why
this is superseded by UTC every time I return
to BSD from Linux and not when I do the opposite,
and
 I note that the UEFI bios is already displaying
the UTC time on rebooting after the Linux sojourn
before I select the BSD partition (which is the
default).
This appears fixed now...

2) the texts that get randomly displayed on login
in between the "motd" and the first prompt?
..but just where are all these BSD hints stored en
masse so I can read through them all by choice and
not be at the mercy of which one shows up at any
given login?

-=-=-