Re: Sendmail on FreeBSD 14, gmail problem

Sujet : Re: Sendmail on FreeBSD 14, gmail problem
De : <bp (at) *nospam* www.zefox.net>
Groupes : comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc
Date : 16. Apr 2024, 03:31:07
Lowell Gilbert <lgusenet@be-well.ilk.org> wrote:
doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) writes:

In article <uvk6r3$gkgb$1@dont-email.me>,  <bp@www.zefox.net> wrote:
John Levine <johnl@taugh.com> wrote:
According to  <bp@www.zefox.net>:
I've got a FreeBSD 14 host running sendmail from packages that works perfectly
otherwise but can't be persuaded to communicate with gmail:
(reason: 550-5.7.26 This mail has been blocked because the sender is
unauthenticated.)

Yup, that's a problem.

Is there a FreeBSD expert out there who can tell me what I've missed?

Not until you tell us what the domain name is so we can tell you what
you're doing wrong.  Most likely your sendmail setup is fine, but your
SPF and DKIM configations are missing or wrong.

This hostname is www.zefox.net, which makes the domain zefox.net IIUC.
Nameservice is provided by ns1.zefox.net and ns2.zefox.net, also FreeBSD
hosts running bind9.18 from packages.

I never did set up MX records for any of my domains (zefox.net, zefox.com
and zefox.org) but it hasn't caused trouble up to now.

Thanks for writing!

bob prohaska

Adding the FreeBSD group.

The advice I would give has already been provided in the thread.

By John Levine, I think.
Can you post a link or reference? Hopefully I missed something.
The name John Levine isn't among my correspondents.

Thanks for writing,

bob prohaska