MEDIA: Expect a Drop in H-1B Lottery Applications, as New Rules Go into Effect

Sujet : MEDIA: Expect a Drop in H-1B Lottery Applications, as New Rules Go into Effect
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 05. Apr 2024, 21:26:55
Morris Dees and $PLC certified deplorable, David North, on whether
Casey DeSantis regrets that her path to WhiteHouse.GOV was dashed by
Ron's failure to obtain the support of David McIntosh's Club for
Growth to deploy the likes of Mike Emmons onto Lachlan Murdoch's
FoxNews.COM campaign stage to remind legacy American proles in Iowa
and New Hampshire that Donald Trump lowered the barrier to entry to
the Cheap Labor Lobby's scab worker import quota lottery and failed
to convert it to a wage ordered queue:
<URL:https://cis.org/North/Expect-Drop-H1B-Lottery-Applications-New-Rules-Go-Effect>
| The layoffs, oddly, are not figured into the lottery system. An
| employer could lay off more than 1,000 H-1Bs and then turn around
| and file for 2,000 new ones on the next round of applications and
| have all its applications initially accepted for the lottery.
|
| A better system for allocating H-1B slots would be run an auction,
| and not a lottery; i.e., award visas based on the salary offered.
| This would allow the best and the brightest, not the luckiest, to be
| added to our tech workforce, and would run up the cost of the whole
| system, perhaps opening some jobs for American workers.

Will Trump nominate NeverBackDown.ORG's Ken Cuccinelli to succeed Ur
M Jaddou at USCIS.GOV and does Amy Swonger believe that John Thune
will consent?

John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"Team Trump is working with liberal media to portray DeSantis as a
pervert. They're doing that because protecting families is where