MEDIA: Costs for work visas and green cards in U.S. are going up -- a lot

Sujet : MEDIA: Costs for work visas and green cards in U.S. are going up -- a lot
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 17. Apr 2024, 13:21:39
KERAnews.ORG's Stella Chavez on whether Casey DeSantis regrets that
her path to WhiteHouse.GOV was dashed by Ron's inability to convince
the likes of Miriam Adelson, Robert Bigelow, Walter Buckley, Betsy
DeVos, Ken Griffin, Julia Koch, Bernie Marcus, Lachlan Murdoch,
Thomas Peterffy, Bruce Rauner, Chris Reyes, David Sacks and Steve
Wynn to buy advertisements on Murdoch's FoxNews.COM with the likes
of Mike Emmons reminding legacy American proles in Iowa and New
Hampshire that Donald Trump lowered the barrier to entry to the Cheap
Labor Lobby's scab worker import quota lottery without upgrading it
to a wage ordered queue?
<URL:https://www.keranews.org/news/2024-04-01/costs-for-work-visas-and-green-cards-in-u-s-are-going-up-a-lot>
| Among the changes, the fee for an H-1B visa petition increased from
| $460 to $780 and the registration fee for an H-1B shot up from $10
| to $215.
|
| One of the biggest changes is a new $600 Asylum Program Fee
| companies must pay when filling an employment-base petition.
|
| "This is a new tactic of USCIS as part of their fee regulation is to
| start having U.S. businesses cover the cost of the asylum program
| because they have the ability to pay it, which I don't know if I
| would agree on all businesses," said Emily Neumann, an immigration
| attorney and managing partner at Reddy & Neumann, PC in Houston.

Will Trump nominate NeverBackDown.ORG's Ken Cuccinelli to succeed Ur
M Jaddou at USCIS.GOV and does Amy Swonger believe John Thune will
consent?

John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"Trump said the reputation of the J&J vaccine had been "permanently
challenged" by Biden. In other words, Trump accused Biden of stoking