MEDIA: The Migrant Surge and the 'Shelter' Inflation of 2024

Sujet : MEDIA: The Migrant Surge and the 'Shelter' Inflation of 2024
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 27. Apr 2024, 16:50:01
Morris Dees and $PLC certified deplorable, Andrew Arthur, on whether
Donald Trump will nominate Wilbur Ross to succeed Gina Raimondo at
Commerce.GOV and whether Amy Swonger believes John Thune will consent:
<URL:https://cis.org/Arthur/Migrant-Surge-and-Shelter-Inflation-2024>
| There are two reasons, however, why the inflationary impact those
| aliens are having on the housing market merits serious attention.
|
| The first is that according to the Census Bureau, on January 20,
| 2021 -- the day President Biden took office -- the U.S. population
| stood at 331,755,386. As I write this, the Census Bureau estimates
| that the population stands at more than 336,315,000 -- a calculation
| that assumes there is "one birth every nine seconds", "one death
| every 10 seconds", and "one international migrant (net) every 27
| seconds".
|
| In other words, according to the Census Bureau, the U.S. population
| has increased by about 4.5 million since Inauguration Day -- both
| through births and migration.

Does Casey DeSantis regret that her path to WhiteHouse.GOV was ruined
by Ron's failure to convince the likes of Miriam Adelson, Robert
Bigelow, Walter Buckley, Betsy DeVos, Ken Griffin, Julia Koch, Bernie
Marcus, Lachlan Murdoch, Thomas Peterffy, Bruce Rauner, Chris Reyes,
David Sacks and Steve Wynn to buy advertisements on Murdoch's
FoxNews.COM with the likes of Mike Emmons warning legacy American
proles that Donald Trump will sign bipartisan fusion party
comprehensive immigration reform legislation passed by the likes of
Mike Johnson and Thune so long as the Cheap Labor Lobby authors throw
in lots of magic words: "merit-based"?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"It took a pressure campaign from within Trump's camp with the help
of the New York Times and Marjorie Taylor Greene to stop Trump, for