MEDIA: Is the NRI dream fading? Find out how it is becoming more difficult for Indians seeking higher education, jobs abroad

Sujet : MEDIA: Is the NRI dream fading? Find out how it is becoming more difficult for Indians seeking higher education, jobs abroad
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 28. Apr 2024, 13:30:31
Times of India's Sanket Dhanorkar on whether Donald Trump will nominate
NeverBackDown.ORG's Ken Cuccinelli to succeed Ur M Jaddou at USCIS.GOV
and how much Amy Swonger believes it will cost Trump to convince John
Thune to consent:
<URL:https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/wealth/save/is-the-nri-dream-fading-find-out-how-it-is-becoming-more-difficult-for-indians-seeking-higher-education-jobs-abroad/articleshow/109450118.cms>
| Work visas under the US H-1B lottery programme are increasingly
| difficult to come by. The US government has set an annual cap
| (85,000 currently) on the number of new H-1B work visas that can be
| issued each fiscal year. When the demand for H-1B visas exceeds the
| available slots, a lottery system is used to randomly select
| petitions for processing. This is a source of uncertainty for many
| existing and prospective H-1B visa holders. "Obtaining residency
| permits has become more complex, with stricter requirements and
| longer processing times leading to uncertainty, especially with
| application backlogs," says Rohan Ganeriwala, Cofounder and
| Director, Collegify.

Does Susie Wiles recommend that Trump enlist Narendra Modi as his
MAGA campaign surrogate for the National Question?

John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"Damn that's crazy. I wish Bannon would say what he really thinks
about Trump out loud." - Pedro Gonzalez