MEDIA: More H-1B visa holders are switching jobs – the process explained

Sujet : MEDIA: More H-1B visa holders are switching jobs – the process explained
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 29. Apr 2024, 13:11:08
Times of India's Lubna Kably on whether Donald Trump will nominate
NeverBackDown.ORG's Ken Cuccinelli to succeed Ur M Jaddou at
USCIS.GOV and how much Amy Swonger estimates it will cost Trump to
convince John Thune to consent:
<URL:https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/nri/us-canada-news/more-h-1b-visa-holders-are-switching-jobs-the-process-explained/articleshow/109460294.cms>
| He explains that there are many reasons for this trend. The labor
| market has generally been tighter, leading to more job switching in
| general. In addition, more H-1B workers are employed in the US
| now for other employers to poach, and because the H-1B cap has
| been so quickly met every year since 2014, there is more reason to
| poach. The government also made it somewhat easier to switch H-
| 1B jobs in 2017 by giving them a sixty-day grace period to find a
| new job after losing a job.

Does Jaddou or DoL.GOV's Julie Su have a guestimate of many scab
workers self-deported during 2023's Big Tech RIFs?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"In short, a pro-Trump site posted a critical article on Kim, NK,
and the WHO that Trump didn't read but shared anyway with a silly