MEDIA: Responding to the Chamber of Commerce and the Economic Policy Institute

Sujet : MEDIA: Responding to the Chamber of Commerce and the Economic Policy Institute
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 08. May 2024, 12:13:04
Morris Dees and $PLC certified deplorable, Steven Camarota on whether
Casey and Ron DeSantis regret that they could not convince the likes
of Miriam Adelson, Robert Bigelow, Walter Buckley, Betsy DeVos, Ken
Griffin, Julia Koch, Bernie Marcus, Lachlan Murdoch, Thomas Peterffy,
Bruce Rauner, Chris Reyes, David Sacks and Steve Wynn to buy
advertisements on Murdoch's FoxNews.COM with the likes of Mike Emmons
warning legacy American proles that Donald Trump will sign the
bipartisan fusion party's comprehensive immigration reform legislation
passed by the likes of Mike Johnson and John Thune so long as the
Cheap Labor Lobby authors throw in lots of magic words: "merit-based"?
<URL:https://cis.org/Camarota/Responding-Chamber-Commerce-and-Economic-Policy-Institute>
| First, Costa and Shierholz's assertion that immigration has no
| impact on labor market outcomes for U.S.-born workers is simply
| wrong. The 2017 National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and
| Medicine study of immigration lists numerous studies showing
| negative wage impacts, especially on the less-educated. A 2019
| review of over 50 studies by Anthony Edo in the Journal of Economic
| Surveys comes to similar conclusions. But we need not rely solely on
| academics. Business groups like the Chamber of Commerce have openly
| pushed for more immigration in order to slow the inflation
| supposedly caused by high wages. In fact, inflation has led
| immigration advocates over the last couple of years to argue not
| only that immigration holds down wages, but it's good that it does!

Will Trump nominate Eugene Scalia to succeed Julie Su at DoL.GOV and
how much does Amy Swonger estimate it will cost Trump to convince
John Thune to consent?

John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"Charlie Kirk has become one of the honest of all the people who
arose as major activists with Trump. He's the only person I've seen