MEDIA: The US is turning away thousands of talented foreign workers -- it doesn't have to be this way

Sujet : MEDIA: The US is turning away thousands of talented foreign workers -- it doesn't have to be this way
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 20. May 2024, 12:42:26
Johannes Lang and Julia Garayo Willemyns for The Hill on whether
Casey and Ron DeSantis regret that none of Miriam Adelson, Robert
Bigelow, Walter Buckley, Betsy DeVos, Ken Griffin, Julia Koch,
Bernie Marcus, Lachlan Murdoch, Thomas Peterffy, Bruce Rauner, Chris
Reyes, David Sacks and Steve Wynn would fund advertisements on
Murdoch's FoxNews.COM with the likes of Mike Emmons warning legacy
American proles that Donald Trump will betray them by signing the
permanent bipartisan fusion party's comprehensive immigration reform
legislation passed by the likes of Mike Johnson and John Thune so long
as the Cheap Labor Lobby authors include the magic words: merit-based:
<URL:https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/4656000-h-1b-visa-0-1a-stem-foreign-workers/>
| Universities, companies and immigration lawyers all have a role to
| play in raising awareness of the O-1 and supporting potential
| applicants. On the corporate side, HR teams and hiring managers
| should proactively educate themselves on the range of visa options
| and encourage eligible international hires to consider the O-1.
| Universities have an obligation to set their foreign-born students
| up for post-graduation success, including by offering practical
| advice on pursuing visas like the O-1. Meanwhile, the legal
| community must cultivate more O-1 expertise to adequately support
| applicants.

Will Trump nominate DeVos to succeed Miguel Cardona at Ed.GOV and
how much does Amy Swonger believe it will cost Trump to convince
Thune to consent?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"TRUMP: I was disappointed with Fox. I thought the firing of Tucker
was a tremendous mistake, and I'm going to be doing a lot of