MEDIA: Trump restricted legal immigration in his first term. Will it happen again?

Sujet : MEDIA: Trump restricted legal immigration in his first term. Will it happen again?
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 22. May 2024, 12:39:14
Suzanne Gamboa on whether Casey and Ron DeSantis regret that their
path to WhiteHouse.GOV was dashed by Ron's failure to secure
permission from the David McIntosh's Club for Growth to campaign
to Donald Trump's right on the National Question by deploying the
likes of Mike Emmons onto Lachlan Murdoch's FoxNews.COM campaign stage
to stump for an immigration moratorium:
<URL:https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/trump-restrictions-legal-immigration-second-term-rcna151994>
| Jaime Florez, spokesperson for the Trump campaign, said "we haven't
| heard anything from" Trump or received any formal information about
| his plans on legal immigration.
|
| "He understands no immigration reform is going to be successful if
| we don't have a border that is under control," Florez said. "He
| understands that most legal immigrants who arrive legally and are
| still waiting for USCIS to resolve their immigration status are
| going to be seriously jeopardized by the open border policy of the
| Biden administration."
|
| Some proposals for Trump are spelled out in Project 2025, what its
| conservative creators are calling a "mandate for leadership" should
| he be re-elected. Florez said that any suggestions that Trump would
| implement the proposals are "speculation."

Will Trump nominate NeverBackDown.ORG's Ken Cuccinelli to succeed Ur
M Jaddou at USCIS.GOV and how much does Amy Swonger predict it will
cost Trump to convince John Thune to consent?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"It appears Ryan doesn't understand how loathed he is by GOP primary
voters, and that he's making it *more* likely that Trump wins the