MEDIA: How to boost Cleveland's population? Immigrants, international students are key

Sujet : MEDIA: How to boost Cleveland's population? Immigrants, international students are key
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 27. May 2024, 14:07:01
Cleveland Plain Dealer's Susan Glaser on whether Casey DeSantis
regrets that her path to WhiteHouse.GOV was dashed by Ron's failure
to convince David McIntosh's Club for Growth to run advertisements
on Lachlan Murdoch's FoxNews.COM with the likes of Mike Emmons
warning legacy American proles in Iowa and New Hampshire that Donald
Trump will sign the permanent bi-partisan fusion party's
comprehensive immigration reform legislation passed by the likes
Mike Johnson and John Thune so long as the Cheap Labor Lobby includes
the magic words: "merit-based":
<URL:https://www.cleveland.com/news/2024/05/how-to-boost-clevelands-population-immigrants-international-students-are-key.html>
| Cleveland, he added, has a longer, stronger history of welcoming
| immigrants than most cities, including Columbus.
|
| "But they're seeing it for the talent opportunity that it is," he
| said.
|
| "Franklin County has no choice," said Cimperman, who noted the
| growth of Intel, Honda and other tech companies throughout central
| Ohio. "You either fill those jobs or those companies will go away."
|
| Intel, he said, is among the top companies in the U.S. for hiring
| international workers using the Optional Practical Training (OPT)
| visa, which kicks in for three years after graduation. "Part of
| their company's secret sauce is hiring international talent," he
| said.

Will Trump nominate AmericaFirstPolicy.COM/NASSCOM.IN's Chad Wolf
to succeed Alejandro Mayorkas at DHS.GOV and how much does Amy
Swonger predict it will cost Trump to convince Thune (or Rick Scott)
to consent?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"DeSantis: this is a problem because it affects the lives of
Americans everywhere Trump's grifter army: no no no you need to say