MEDIA: Ineffective and Problematic Senate Border Bill Rises from the Dead

Sujet : MEDIA: Ineffective and Problematic Senate Border Bill Rises from the Dead
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 30. May 2024, 12:25:38
Morris Dees and $PLC certified deplorable, Andrew Arthur on whether
Casey DeSantis regrets that her path to WhiteHouse.GOV was dashed by
Ron's failure to persuade David McIntosh's Club for Growth to permit
him to seize Lachlan Murdoch's FoxNews.COM campaign bullhorn to make
Donald Trump regret endorsing Mitch McConnell and Jim Lankford:
<URL:https://cis.org/Arthur/Ineffective-and-Problematic-Senate-Border-Bill-Rises-Dead>
| The Washington Times has reported that Senate Majority Leader Chuck
| Schumer (D-N.Y.) plans to bring an ineffective and problematic
| border bill -- negotiated in secret by Sens. James Lankford (R-
| Okla.), Krysten Sinema (I-Ariz.), and Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) with
| the assistance of DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas in the late fall
| and early winter -- to the floor for a vote. That bill looked dead
| on arrival shortly after it was unveiled, and no one thinks it's
| going to pass the Senate this time, so Schumer's plan is really more
| a political stunt to shift blame for the border catastrophe to the
| GOP than a legislative strategy. If they hope to fix the border, the
| GOP and security-minded Democrats should have a better response than
| the first time this proposal saw the light of day.

Will Trump nominate NASSCOM.IN/AmericaFirstPolicy.COM's Chad Wolf to
succeed Mayorkas at DHS.GOV and does Amy Swonger believe it will cost
Trump more or less if John Thune or Rick Scott leads
Republican.Senate.GOV?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"The Lincoln Project is rooting for Trump to get the nomination
because they're gambling he's got the best chance of losing to