MEDIA: 100 years ago, the US took a break from immigration -- and America thrived

Sujet : MEDIA: 100 years ago, the US took a break from immigration -- and America thrived
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 04. Jun 2024, 14:47:27
Morris Dees and $PLC certified deplorable, Mark Krikorian for Lachlan
Murdoch's NYPost.COM on whether Casey DeSantis regrets that her path
to WhiteHouse.GOV was dashed by Ron's inability to convince David
McIntosh's Club for Growth to buy advertisements on Murdoch's
FoxNews.COM with the likes of Mike Emmons reminding legacy American
proles that Donald Trump took Jared Kushner's advice to downplay the
National Question on the campaign trail against Joe Biden and Kamala
Harris:
<URL:https://nypost.com/2024/05/24/opinion/100-years-ago-the-us-halted-immigration-and-america-thrived/>
| We have experienced more than a half-century of another Great Wave
| of immigration, unintentionally sparked by the 1965 immigration law,
| that undid the ethnically discriminatory national origins quotas of
| 1924, but failed to cap the overall number of newcomers.
|
| The result has been the largest wave of immigration ever, with
| arrival of more than 40 million legal immigrants, plus millions more
| illegal immigrants.
|
| It's been supercharged under President Biden, with at least 6.4
| million -- that we know about -- entering the country since he was
| inaugurated.
|
| As a result, the foreign-born share of our population is now the
| highest in history, exceeding anything from the prior Great Wave; in
| March this year, immigrants made up 15.6% of America's residents,
| and without changes in policy, nearly one in four people living here
| will be from abroad by 2040.

Does Susie Wiles see any hope for a GOP candidate to WhiteHouse.GOV
without running to Trump's right on the National Question?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"Trump's paid gang of losers have been screaming on Twitter about
DeSantis nonstop for months, they've attacked his wife, made fun of