MEDIA: Elite Media Whine as Migrants Begin to Take Their Top Jobs

Sujet : MEDIA: Elite Media Whine as Migrants Begin to Take Their Top Jobs
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 19. Jun 2024, 12:51:48
Via Breitbart Immigration, Breitbart.COM/immigration, see Neil Munro
on whether Donald Trump will still boost the Gray Lady by giving
exclusive interviews to his therapist, the Gray Lady's Maggie Haberman:
<URL:https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/06/09/elite-journalists-whine-as-migrants-take-their-top-jobs/>
| The Wrap wrote:
|
||     Most recently with the appointment of Will Lewis as the
|| publisher and CEO of the Washington Post -- and his latest
|| restructuring plan, featuring the appointment of Fleet Street-bred
|| editor Robert Winnett as executive editor after the election --
|| British players are gaining a significant foothold in the U.S. media
|| industry.
||     These latest U.K. natives arrive just months after a growing
|| list of others -- CNN's CEO Mark Thompson, The Wall Street Journal
|| Editor-in-Chief Emma Tucker, Bloomberg News Editor-in-Chief John
|| Micklethwait, The Daily Beast's content chief Joanna Coles and the
|| outlet's new executive editor Hugh Dougherty.
|
| "British men turning up to run everything is - and I cannot state
| this too strongly - a bad idea," tweeted Emily Bell, a former
| British journalist at the left-wing Guardian newspaper who now works
| at  Columbia University's journalism school.
|
| "Many Americans hear "British journalism" and think 'Oh, like the
| BBC,'" said a tweet from author James Fallows. "More useful to think
| 'oh, like Fox News with a different accent.' Murdoch has brought
| waves of right-wing Brits to [the] helm of WSJ. Now Bezos with
| WaPo."
|
| "These British editors are in for a giant shock," said Miano. "The
| typical American newsroom these days is filled with babies."

Will Trump hire Kayleigh McEnany to succeed Karine Jean-Pierre at
WhiteHouse.GOV/briefing-room?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"Trump agreed with Piers Morgan in 2022 that Putin is a "an evil,
genocidal monster." The MAGA people on Twitter are the most bought