MEDIA: 'They're treating us like we're spies': Florida property ban has Chinese citizens fuming

Sujet : MEDIA: 'They're treating us like we're spies': Florida property ban has Chinese citizens fuming
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 24. Jun 2024, 12:24:44
CNN's Samantha Delouya on whether Susie Wiles sees a path to
WhiteHouse.GOV in 2028 for a GOP candidate who doesn't run to Donald
Trump's right on the National Question:
<URL:https://edition.cnn.com/2024/06/17/homes/florida-law-bans-chinese-citizens-buying-homes/index.html>
|  After his employer implemented a return-to-office policy last year,
| Jin Bian decided to cut down his one-hour commute time by purchasing
| a house closer to the office in Tampa, Florida. Then, he was told
| the purchase might get him prison time.
|
| "That was really shocking to me. It's just purchasing property,"
| Bian, who is originally form Nanjing, China, said. "Once I learned
| that, I didn't even bother to look anymore."
|
| Bian, a 31-year-old software engineer who has lived in the US for 12
| years, is a recipient of an H-1B visa, which allows companies to
| employ foreign workers. For nearly a year, however, it has been a
| crime for him to purchase a home in Florida after the state's
| governor, Ron DeSantis, signed a law restricting Chinese nationals
| without US green cards from purchasing property in the state.

Will Trump nominate Eugene Scalia to succeed Julie Su at DoL.GOV and
Bill Barr to succeed Merrick Garland at Justice.GOV, do they believe
legacy American proles should be a protected class under America's
anti-discrimination laws and regulations, and how much does Amy Swonger
predict it will cost Trump to convince John Thune (or Rick Scott) to
consent?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"1. Trump gets into fight with Biden's librarians and other
bureaucrats over presidential records. - Garland wants Trump to die