MEDIA: House Republicans Press DHS Chief Mayorkas on How ISIS-Linked Migrants Got into U.S.

Sujet : MEDIA: House Republicans Press DHS Chief Mayorkas on How ISIS-Linked Migrants Got into U.S.
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 26. Jun 2024, 12:51:56
Via Breitbart Immigration, Breitbart.COM/immigration, see John Binder
on whether Casey DeSantis regrets that Ron was unable to persuade
David McIntosh's ClubForGrowth.ORG to deploy the likes of Mike Emmons
to remind legacy American proles in Iowa and New Hampshire that Donald
Trump took Jared Kushner's advice to downplay the National Question on
the campaign trail against Joe Biden and Kamala Harris:
<URL:https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/06/19/house-republicans-press-dhs-chief-mayorkas-on-how-isis-linked-migrants-got-into-u-s/>
| In a letter to Mayorkas and Wray. Reps. Mark Green (R-TN), Dan
| Bishop (R-NC), August Pfluger (R-TX), and Clay Higgins (R-LA) said
| the "pattern" of potential terrorists crossing the border is
| "alarming."
|
| "It is unclear how each of the eight individuals came to reside in
| the United States, though reports indicate that two crossed the
| Southwest Border of the United States in the spring of 2023 and one
| used the CBP One App to schedule an appointment to be screened prior
| to entry," they write:
|
||     Unfortunately, the unacceptable security failures that have
|| allowed individuals with terrorist ties to enter the United States
|| through the Southwest Border have become an alarming pattern under
|| this administration. On April 3, 2024, the Committee sent Secretary
|| Mayorkas a letter requesting information regarding two separate
|| incidents of ICE releasing individuals who were on a federal
|| terrorist watchlist, at least one of which was due to errors within
|| ICE's internal database. The Committee's requests in that letter
|| remain outstanding. [Emphasis added]
||     Since that letter, the Committee has learned that Mohammad
|| Kharwin, an individual who is also on a federal terrorist watchlist
|| due to his associations with Afghan-based terrorist organization
|| Hezb-e-Islami, was released from ICE custody into the Alternatives
|| to Detention (ATD) program on March 12, 2023. He was initially
|| arrested just two days prior in San Ysidro, California, after having
|| illegally crossed the U.S.-Mexico border. Under the terms of his
|| release, Kharwin was able to apply for work authorization and fly
|| within the United States with no restrictions on his movements,
|| under the sole condition that he was to periodically report to an
|| ICE official over the phone. Nearly a year later, ICE arrested
|| Kharwin in San Antonio, Texas after the FBI provided information
|| that confirmed his membership in Hezb-e-Islami. [Emphasis added]
||     The Department's prioritization of catch, process, and release,
|| presents a grave danger to national security. The Committee has
|| repeatedly and forcefully highlighted the security vulnerabilities
|| inherent in the massive influx of illegal aliens at our border, the
|| insufficient vetting of the illegal aliens that the Department
|| releases en masse into the United States, and the unprecedented
|| number of gotaways evading apprehension. The Biden Administration
|| and the Department, however, continue to hide their heads in the
|| sand, ignoring the "blinking red lights everywhere." [Emphasis
|| added]
|
| The Republicans said they want full details on the eight migrant men
| linked to ISIS that the FBI has arrested, including all internal
| government communications regarding the case. In addition, they have
| asked Mayorkas and Wray for a briefing on their arrests by July 2.

Will Trump nominate NASSCOM.IN/AmericaFirstPolicy.COM's Chad Wolf to
succeed Alejandro Mayorkas at DHS.GOV and will how much does Amy Swonger
estimate it will cost Trump to persuade John Thune (or Rick Scott) to
consent?

John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"Our world was at peace under President Trump. His clear-eyed
realism, raw projection of national strength, and his rejection of