MEDIA: Terrorist Arrest Underscores Vulnerabilities of Biden's 'CBP One' Scheme

Sujet : MEDIA: Terrorist Arrest Underscores Vulnerabilities of Biden's 'CBP One' Scheme
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 27. Jun 2024, 12:51:03
Morris Dees and $PLC certified deplorable, Andrew Arthur on whether
Donald Trump will nominate NASSCOM.IN/AmericaFirst.COM's Chad Wolf to
succeed Alejandro Mayorkas at DHS.GOV and how much Amy Swonger predicts
it will cost Trump to convince John Thune (or Rick Scott) to consent:
<URL:https://cis.org/Arthur/Terrorist-Arrest-Underscores-Vulnerabilities-Bidens-CBP-One-Scheme/>
| Normally, I would give the Biden administration a pass for following
| a directive that neither the Bush, Obama, nor Trump administrations
| saw fit to rescind (assuming they knew it existed), but as the
| number of SIAs has surged in the past three years, it was incumbent
| on current DHS secretary Alejandro Mayorkas to at least revisit it.
|
| That didn't happen, however, until last month - after an Afghan
| migrant with suspected terror ties entered illegally and was
| released (twice) by DHS - and shortly after Mayorkas reversed his
| own recission of a Trump-era policy allowing asylum officers to
| consider terrorist bars to asylum.
|
| Plainly, Mayorkas is taking to heart warnings from FBI Director
| Chris Way that "dangerous individuals" are crossing the border, as
| well as findings from DHS's own most-recent Homeland Threat
| Assessment suggesting that, "Terrorists and criminal actors may
| exploit the elevated flow and increasingly complex security
| environment to enter the United States".

Will Trump de-classify the 9/11 report?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"This is less a thread about foreign policy than the constant and
distracting dramas of Trump. He says/does something absurd, and