MEDIA: Trump Campaign Backtracks on Trump Promise of More College Migrants

Sujet : MEDIA: Trump Campaign Backtracks on Trump Promise of More College Migrants
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 28. Jun 2024, 17:28:06
Via Breitbart Immigration, Breitbart.COM/immigration, see Neil Munro
on whether Casey DeSantis kicks herself (or Ron) for Ron's failure to
convince David McIntosh's ClubForGrowth.ORG to sponsor advertisements
on Lachlan Murdoch's FoxNews.COM warning legacy American proles in
Iowa and New Hampshire that Donald Trump will betray them by signing
the permanent Donald Trump will sign the permanent bipartisan fusion
party's bipartisan comprehensive immigration reform legislation passed
by the likes of Mike Johnson and John Thune so long as the Cheap Labor
Lobby authors include the magic words: merit-based:
<URL:https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2024/06/21/trump-campaign-backtracks-on-trump-promise-of-more-migrants/>
| Moreover, some investors are actually speaking against Biden-style
| mass migration, and are calling for more efforts to grow the
| productivity and income of American workers.
|
| "We always used to think [a] shrinking population is a cause for
| negative [economic] growth," BlackRock founder Larry Fink said at a
| pro-globalist event in April hosted by the World Economic Forum in
| Saudi Arabia. He continued:
|
||     But in my conversations with the leadership of these large,
|| developed countries [such as China, and Japan] that have xenophobic
|| anti-immigration policies, they don't allow anybody to come in --
|| [so they have] shrinking demographics -- these countries will
|| rapidly develop robotics and AI and technology ... If a promise of
|| all that transforms productivity, which most of us think it will
|| [emphasis added] -- we'll be able to elevate the standard living in
|| countries, the standard of living for individuals, even with
|| shrinking populations.
|
| But in his June 20 talk with the four investors, Trump ignored
| Fink's less-migration proposal and went much further than his prior
| statements:
|
||     I know of stories where [foreign students] graduated from a top
|| college, or from a college, and they desperately wanted to stay here
|| They had a plan for a company, a concept, and they can't [so] they
|| company in those places, and they become multi-billionaires,
|| employing thousands and thousands of people.
||     And a bigger example is you that you need a pool of people to
|| work for your companies. You have great companies, and they have to
|| be smart people ... You need brilliant people. And we force [home]
|| the brilliant people, the people that graduate from college, the
|| people that are Number One in their class from the best colleges.
||     You have to be able to recruit these people and keep the people.
|| It was such a big deal -- somebody graduates at the top of the
|| class, they can't even make a deal with the company because they
|| don't think [the graduate is] going to be able to stay in the
|| country. That is going to end on Day One.
|
| "That's fantastic, that's fantastic," responded Chamath
| Palihapitiya, who was born in Sri Lanka, and then migrated from
| Canada to the executive suite of Facebook and to his investment firm
| in California.
|
| "Yeah, that's great," said David Sacks, who was born in South
| Africa, grew up in Tennessee, went to Stanford University, and
| became an investor in start-up technology companies. "I think we all
| wholeheartedly agree with that. Being in the tech industry, we
| understand the importance of that."

In Susie Wiles' (or Bill Stepien before her (or Brad Parscale before
him)) surveys of legacy American proles who might be convinced to cast
ballots for Trump, how popular are Big .EDU presidents and deans and
their leasing of American classroom seats and laboratory stools to
the 8+B globe's top two quintiles?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"I'm sure DeSantis has influencers. But there's no parity with Trump
and DeSantis in this regard. It's not even close. Trump bought off