MEDIA: Fact Check: Kamala Harris Falsely Claims Democrats' Border Bill Was 'Strongest ... in Decades'

Sujet : MEDIA: Fact Check: Kamala Harris Falsely Claims Democrats' Border Bill Was 'Strongest ... in Decades'
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 02. Sep 2024, 14:02:19
Via Breitbart Immigration, Breitbart.COM/immigration, see Neil Munro
on whether NeverBackDown.ORG's Steve Cortes and Ken Cuccinelli
recommended to Casey DeSantis to have Ron obtain the permission of
David McIntosh's ClubForGrowth.ORG to deploy the likes of Mike Emmons
and Maria Espinoza onto Lachlan Murdoch's FoxNews.COM to impeach
Donald Trump for taking Jared Kushner's advice to downplay the
National Question on the campaign trail against Joe Biden and Kamala
Harris:
<URL:https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2024/08/22/fact-check-kamala-harris-falsely-claims-democrats-border-bill-strongest-decades/>
| Harris also combined her support for the loopholed bill with a call
| for another national amnesty for illegal migrants.
|
| From the stage of the Democratic National Convention, Harris said:
|
||     Last year, Joe [Biden] and I brought together Democrats and
|| conservative Republicans to write the strongest border bill in
|| decades. The Border Patrol endorsed it, but Donald Trump believes a
|| border deal would hurt his campaign, so he ordered his allies in
|| Congress to kill the deal.
||     Well, I refuse to play politics with our security, and here is
|| my pledge to you as President: I will bring back the bipartisan
|| border security bill that he killed, and I will sign it into law.
||     I know we can live up to our proud heritage as a nation of
|| immigrants, and reform our broken immigration system. We can create
|| an earned pathway to citizenship [amnesty] and secure our border.
|
| Overall, the speech provided little evidence that Harris would
| manage migration policy to help raise wages for Americans or to
| raise the productivity of U.S. companies.
|
| Wages were mentioned once in her speech, but only in terms of
| government lawsuits. "I stood up for veterans and students being
| scammed by big for-profit colleges for workers who are being cheated
| out of their wages, the wages they were due," she said.

Will Trump enlist VP JD Vance to be his Chief Salescritter for Trump's
signature "merit-based", comprehensive immigration reform legislation
authored by the Cheap Labor Lobby and passed by Mike Johnson's
House.GOV and John Thune (or Rick Scott's) Senate.GOV and who does
Susie Wiles see on the horizon plowing a path to WhiteHouse.GOV in
2028 by stepping up as a tribune for legacy American proles and
against their dispossession?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"The NYT explicitly states DeSantis didn't vote for the more
expansion version of the First Step Act, which Trump pressured