Re: Battery discharge when on but unconnected

Sujet : Re: Battery discharge when on but unconnected
De : jollyroger (at) *nospam* pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 11. Mar 2024, 01:52:29
On 2024-03-10, Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote:
On 2024-03-10 18:26, Jolly Roger wrote:
On 2024-03-06, <bp@www.zefox.net> <bp@www.zefox.net> wrote:
What's a reasonable battery discharge rate for an iPhone 6 that's
powered on but in airplane mode with WiFi off?

I expected one or two percent per day, but it seems quite a bit
faster. After two or three weeks it's ~50% and falls a percent every
couple of minutes when used actively.

The battery is about six months old, replaced by a local shop.

If it wasn't an Apple-authorized shop, you almost certainly got a
cheap and/or counterfeit battery replacement rather than a genuine
battery from Apple. Very often they don't perform nearly as well.

Very often batteries installed by specialty (non Apple approved!
Gasp!) are just as good as the original article.

As always: It depends.

One thing's for sure, getting it replaced at an Apple-authorized shop
definitely gets you an authentic battery.

JR