Re: Apple will let EU users set Google Maps as the default navigation app on iPhone

Sujet : Re: Apple will let EU users set Google Maps as the default navigation app on iPhone
De : REMOVETHISbadgolferman (at) *nospam* gmail.com (badgolferman)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 09. Mar 2024, 21:26:33
Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote:
On 2024-03-08 21:02, Gelato wrote:
Apple will let EU users set Google Maps as the default navigation app on
iPhone
 Not sure what that means.  When I navigate I've always chosen the app I want - which used to be Google Maps, but now is Apple Maps (for short trips); though I still prefer Google Maps for longer trips.
 Both are on the main screen.  Other nav related apps are in a "Nav" folder on the main screen.
 Perhaps this announcement is meant for other apps (incl. Apple apps) that use a navigation app/api as a supporting layer?  Not sure.

If you click on an address in your contact list or on the website using
Safari it will automatically bring up Apple Maps. That is your default
navigation app. It would be interesting to see if asking Siri to guide you somewhere would
cause Google Maps to be used. I doubt that.