Re: Battery discharge when on but unconnected

Sujet : Re: Battery discharge when on but unconnected
De : <bp (at) *nospam* www.zefox.net>
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 10. Mar 2024, 21:47:12
Zaidy036 <Zaidy036@air.isp.spam> wrote:

My question is why carry a cell phone with its power on in this
condition? The only connection left is Bluetooth.

The phone is carried mostly for emergency outgoing calls.
Originally I tried keeping it turned off, but it kept powering
up and staying that way after charging. Turning it off was just
a nuisance. Making it stay powered off during charging seems
elusive, so I started asking about alternative stragegies.

In the end it looks like charging it and then turning it off
remains the path of least effort.

Thanks for everyone's help on a counterintuitive request!

bob prohaska

First turn off Bluetooth besides Airplane Mode.

Second go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and shut off
what you do not want running when ever the iPhone is powered on but off.

Then recheck battery usage over time before the drastic step of low
power at all times.