Due to lack of R&D spending, iPhones are 5 to 10 years behind Android

Sujet : Due to lack of R&D spending, iPhones are 5 to 10 years behind Android
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone comp.mobile.ipad comp.sys.mac.system
Date : 22. Jul 2024, 16:58:35
Given Apple is well known to spend the least on R&D than any similar tech
company as a percentage of revenue - and knowing that Apple is two
generations behind Android in AI - and something like five generations
behind Android in integrated 5G modem design... the question is whether or
not the statement in the title is a true assessment of the published facts.

 *Due to lack of R&D spending, iPhones are 5 to 10 years behind Android*

Notice that anyone can prove that statement wrong if they can find an
iPhone technology that is NOT 5 to 10 years behind the Android technology.

Bear in mind, BlueTooth trackers have been suggested as the one and only
technology where the iPhone technology is said to be better than the
equivalent Android technology - which is an absurd assessment simply
because an AirTag is merely a Bluetooth tracker. Nothing more than that.
 <https://www.pcmag.com/news/airtag-vs-tile-which-bluetooth-tracker-should-you-choose>

Even if we accept the desperate absurdity that a Tile bluetooth tracker is
an Android-only device (which is patently false) and hence we accept the
equally absurd desperation that the AirTag is an iPhone technology, that's
still only a *single* technology in the past 10 years Apple has over
Android.

I am well aware that Apple spends far more in marketing than in R&D (which
isn't hard to do considering Apple has never invested in R&D), so I fully
comprehend why Apple owners strongly feel Apple innovates over Android.

Marketing is powerful.
Especially over gullible herd animals.

But I'm a person who cares about the facts.
Not religious bullshit.

Can't you Apple religious zealots come up with anything more than zero
facts backing up your extremely strongly held religious beliefs?

Seriously.

Even if we grant the (absurd) premise that the AirTag is an iPhone
technology that is better than the (equally absurd) premise that the Tile
is an Android technology - we *still* would have only one technology.

To move the conversation along, I'll grant the (absurd) argument that the
AirTag is an exclusively iPhone technology and the Tile is an exclusively
Android technology...

So that's *one* iPhone technology better than that of Android.
OK.

Now what?
Name another.

Since it's you guys who feel strongly Apple can innovate and that Apple is
NOT five to ten years behind Android technology - can you name another?

Q: What *second* technology has Apple R&D been able to innovate over
   similar Android technology in the past five or ten years?
A: ?

HINT: If you can't answer that, then the subject line is considered true.