1st test of Jolly Roger's claim that Apple mobile devices are NOT designed as dumb terminals only

Sujet : 1st test of Jolly Roger's claim that Apple mobile devices are NOT designed as dumb terminals only
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone comp.mobile.ipad comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date : 04. Aug 2024, 01:37:38
While I'm pretty sure it's impossible to set up an Apple device for
privacy, I will try to set up my new 10th generation iPad w/o Internet.

 *I just bought two 10th generation inexpensive iPads for $300 each*
 <https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16562&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#16562>

The first step is to use the iPad as a smart device, which I suspect is
impossible but Jolly Roger insists that iOS isn't designed as a dumb
terminal (devoid of any functionality without the Apple mainframe matrix).

So here's the very first test of Jolly Roger's claim:
 <https://i.postimg.cc/m2cRzXkp/10genipad03.jpg>

Q: How do I set it up WITHOUT logging into Apple's mainframe servers?
A: ?

Where's the skip button when it asks:
 "Choose a Wi-Fi network"

Note: Every "smart" common consumer operating system asks teh same question
at first, but "smart" devices provide a skip button to omit this step.