RE: Ported Number not working with iMessage

Sujet : RE: Ported Number not working with iMessage
De : wilf21 (at) *nospam* is.invalid (Wilf)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 24. Sep 2024, 00:03:02
On 23/09/2024 at 16:13, Chris wrote:
Wilf <wilf21@is.invalid> wrote:
Hi.   I recently ported my (UK) mobile number to a new provider.   Since
then, although my iCloud details on my iPhone tell me that the number is
registered for iMessage and FaceTime (it wasn't initially and for a
couple of days), it cannot be used for those apps - a revolving cogwheel
appears on the left of the number in iMessage and FaceTime, instead of a
tick.

I can of course use iMessage and FaceTime with various registered email
addresses, but I want to use my phone number for these facilities, as
always before.  I've tried all the recommended standard remedies -
switch off iMessage/FaceTime, restart, reset all the network settings,
etc. etc., to no avail.  If anyone here can help with this I'd be very
grateful.
 I've had this recently - caused by buying an eSIM for travelling - and the
solution has been to log out of your Apple ID and log back in. Faff factor
is that all bank cards are removed from your wallet when you log out.

I will give that a go and put up with the faff factor!... thank you
--
Wilf