Re: Can you share your location one direction?

Sujet : Re: Can you share your location one direction?
De : jollyroger (at) *nospam* pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 08. Mar 2024, 21:44:52
On 2024-03-08, Connor Shannon <cshannon1898@yahoo.com> wrote:
On 3/7/24 5:42 PM, Jolly Roger wrote:
On 2024-03-08, Connor Shannon <cshannon1898@yahoo.com> wrote:
On 3/6/24 10:11 AM, Jolly Roger wrote:
On 2024-03-06, Connor Shannon <cshannon1898@yahoo.com> wrote:

So if you have to set sharing up first, does the other person have
to share back?

Again, no. Sharing your location with someone is a one-way
transaction.  If they want to share their location with you, that's
a separate transaction.

Okay, I guess my iPhone is right that I've shared my location as
soon as I choose someone. But if the other person doesn't accept
(share back)
 Again, sharing your location with someone absolutely does not require
them to share their location with you.

I  get that little spinny circle.
 You have yet to adequately describe what this "little spinny circle"
actually is. For all we know, it's a normal part of Find My.

If they never accept
 There is no "accept" from the other person. You share your location
with them, and they can see it on a map.

I don't think it  will ever stop. That's okay? It won't run the
battery down or anything?
 No. Show us screenshots of it.

I don't think I can put a screenshot here but here's one some body
else posted:

 https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/17otedu/share_my_location_spinning_circle/
Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with the other person accepting
anything. And if you read u/Jane-Bingum-The-Just's comment, it's likely
just a glitch on your own device.
JR