Re: CarPlay recommendation?

Sujet : Re: CarPlay recommendation?
De : cameo (at) *nospam* unreal.invalid (Cameo)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 09. Mar 2024, 15:00:35
On 2/28/2024 8:47 PM, sms wrote:
On 2/27/2024 7:22 AM, Cameo wrote:
Can you guys recommend a CarPlay wireless adapter from personal experience? Would prefer models that also work with AndroidAuto.
 Seems like there are not a lot of choices that support both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, and they aren't inexpensive, i.e. <https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CKMMS19S>. Not a lot of reviews on any of the dual-support units.
 It's really nice to just plop your phone onto a MagSafe charger/phone holder in the car and then connect wirelessly to your vehicle's head unit.
 OTOH, it's not that much trouble to plug in a USB-C cable to the phone when you need the full-functionality of Android Auto or Apple CarPlay, and if you're not using wireless charging you have to plug in a cable anyway.
 Most of the time I'm listening to music or audiobooks while driving, it's only on long trips where I care that much about displaying maps on the head unit's screen. The after-market head unit I have in my SUV supports wired Android Auto and wired Apple CarPlay and I haven't bought a wireless adapter yet.
I eventually ended up buying the Ottocast U2-Air Pro adapter and am happy with it so far. The only problem I have with it is that the Waze image occasionally disappears, but pressing the app's icon will bring it back. It is no big deal for me, especially because I am not even sure if the adapter is at fault for that, or the Waze app.
I just find it very convenient that I don't even need to take out the iPhone from my breast pocket when I get into my 2019 Hyundaí Kona and the Waze up comes up on the dashboard screen without having to mess with a USB cable.