Re: Battery discharge when on but unconnected

Sujet : Re: Battery discharge when on but unconnected
De : jollyroger (at) *nospam* pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 14. Mar 2024, 02:07:33
On 2024-03-13, <bp@www.zefox.net> <bp@www.zefox.net> wrote:
Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
On 2024-03-10, Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote:
On 2024-03-10 18:26, Jolly Roger wrote:
On 2024-03-06, <bp@www.zefox.net> <bp@www.zefox.net> wrote:

If it wasn't an Apple-authorized shop, you almost certainly got a
cheap and/or counterfeit battery replacement rather than a genuine
battery from Apple. Very often they don't perform nearly as well.

Very often batteries installed by specialty (non Apple approved!
Gasp!) are just as good as the original article.

The shop that did the battery swap was suggested by the local AT&T
store. It's certainly possible I got a lousy battery. That's why I
asked about battery testing strategems.

The testing strategy is to simply pay attention to actual battery
performance and the Battery Health display on your device.

One thing's for sure, getting it replaced at an Apple-authorized shop
definitely gets you an authentic battery.

For an iPhone6 does an Apple-authorized battery replacement make
sense?

The only person who can answer that question is you. Apple tells you how
much a new battery costs right on their website:

<https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/battery-replacement>

JR