Re: Bluetooth issue

Sujet : Re: Bluetooth issue
De : wolverine01 (at) *nospam* charter.net (sticks)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 28. Mar 2024, 04:20:07
On 2024-03-27 11:32, sticks wrote:
t.  Can't remember how long I've had this phone, but it must be 5 or 6 years.
Anyone heard of this happening before, and is there any options to fix it?  Is there anyway to check the connectivity with a computer that would do some testing?
 I'd do some basic defrugulation first:
 In the iPhone settings disconnect ("forget") both sets of earbuds;
I will try removing each device and reconnecting them, but I don't see how that should make any difference on how the bluetooth radio is working.  The phone and headphones just store the necessary information allowing them to connect as far as I can tell, and once connected it does not affect the radio portion of the hardware.

Re-start the iPhone; then re-connect only one set and see how that behaves for a while before attempting to connect the other set.
 Once that is stable, try the other set.
 I haven't looked at JR's reply but predict he'll say something along the lines of looking for interfering sources such as a nearby WiFi/Router. This is valid, but once you're several metres away should not matter.
I had thought about interference, and since the location I use these is mostly in the gym, there's probably lots of that going on.  Between all the electric motors on various pieces of equipment, the gym wifi, all the televisions running, and just about everyone in the place using cell phones and wearing headphones of some sort.  But as the problem only showed up fairly recently, and everyone else is using headphones, I kind of ruled it out.
I was really interested in knowing if anyone was aware of something like a troubleshooting and hardware testing utility.  Perhaps if I took it in to have looked at the only thing they would do is open it up and put in a new radio.  I know they're probably minimal in cost.  Just wondering if they would actually do anything to test it out.
--
Stand With Israel!