Re: phone won’t ring (was: phone won’t ring)

Sujet : Re: phone won’t ring (was: phone won’t ring)
De : none (at) *nospam* none.none (Tyrone)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 25. Apr 2024, 05:17:38
On Oct 6, 2023 at 3:33:34 PM EDT, "badgolferman"
<REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:

If I’m doing something on my phone and a call comes in it won’t ring. The
contact’s picture pops up on my screen but no ring tone. Yet a text message
will make the alert sound. Is this by design? Am I missing a setting
somewhere?

iPhone 14 / iOS 16.7

This is normal, and is a setting.   I did a search for "will an iPhone ring if
you are holding it" and found this:

<https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253804827?sortBy=best>

Quote:

"Why doesn't my iphone ring audibly when i'm holding it.  When i'm holding my
iPhone in my hand I can see an incoming call and whose calling but my phone
doesn't actually ring. Is this normal?"

Answer:

"Yes this is normal when you are directly looking at your iPhone. Actually,
the iPhone does ring at a low volume when you are holding your iPhone and
looking directly at it.
This is part of the Attention Aware Feature of the iPhone. When the iPhone has
your attention while you are looking at the screen (typing, reading websites
or working with an app), then it automatically reduces the sound because it
knows you are looking right at it so no need to issue loud notifications.

You can turn this feature off if you want by opening Settings ➔ Accessibility
➔ Face ID & Attention ➔ Attention Aware Feature set this to OFF."