Re: Is everyone as blissfully ignorant as the Apple zealots are?

Sujet : Re: Is everyone as blissfully ignorant as the Apple zealots are?
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone comp.sys.mac.system comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date : 05. Jul 2024, 00:43:22
badgolferman wrote on Thu, 4 Jul 2024 20:57:23 -0000 (UTC) :

How can anyone be that blissfully ignorant of everything?
The bliss you enjoy from your ignorance must be as strong as opiates.

Personally I think they are so invested in the perfection of Apple that
they cannot bear the thought of there being flaws in its products. If
someone exposes such flaws, it invalidates everything they stand for.

You're logical and sensible, as am I, so I would have to agree with you.

I was trying to think of a situation where I'd be like they are, where, for
example, if you told me a truth about Google or Samsung or Android
(regarding my Galaxy phone), I'd agree with you. I wouldn't defend any of
them to the death as they all suck. I don't owe them samurai-like loyalty.

If you told me there was a bug affecting 3 million apps which had not been
noticed for a decade, I'd appreciate that information. If you told me that
my phone isn't updated as frequently as I thought it was, I'd thank you.

I don't want to live in blissful ignorance.
I want to live in knowledgeable awareness.

But these strange zealots appear to want to remain blissfully ignorant.

Even more to the point of the blissful ignorance, if you told me that any
of them didn't update my operating system the way most people think it
would have been updated... I'd be APPRECIATIVE that you informed me.

A normal person doesn't fight the person providing information that they
were unaware of prior, right? A normal person welcomes more data, right?

But these strange religious zealots literally ATTACK anyone providing data.
Apparently, saying facts about Apple ruins their blissful ignorance.

I wouldn't attack you for ruining my blissful ignorance, now would I?
I'd welcome you informing me of things about my phone that I didn't know.

Unlike a normal person, it seems like these religious zealots want to
remain in blissful ignorance - as it somehow placates them to not know.