Re: Reliable bluetooth headphones/earpods?

Sujet : Re: Reliable bluetooth headphones/earpods?
De : ithinkiam (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Chris)
Groupes : uk.comp.sys.mac misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 07. Jul 2024, 19:47:37
Chris in Makati <mail@nospam.com> wrote:
On Sun, 7 Jul 2024 11:33:22 -0000 (UTC), Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com>
wrote:

I've been fighting for most of the morning to keep my earpods connected to
my phone for more than 5 minutes - not an exaggeration - and am now
contemplating new ones.

Anyone have recommendations of reliable BT - and I mean rock solid
reliability - headphones/earpods? I mostly use them with my iphone while
commuting, travelling and gardening for mostly music, but also on
teams/zoom calls on my mac. I need them to be small and portable.

I'm not massively interested in fancy features like noise cancelling, pass
through or detecting that I've removed it from my ear.

I don't want to spend more that £150 on something that is effectively
disposable as these moulded devices are.

I'm on my third set of Melomania 1s which sound great, but the hardware
hasn't been the best. 1st set failed after a couple of years, 2nd set were
faulty within a few months (replaced under warranty) and now these ones.

I'm not the biggest fan of BT - no control over connections - so for
ultimate stability do I need to resort to wired headphones instead? But
then I have the dilemma of what connection type to use?

Thanks for any help.

p.s. I'm not interested in troubleshooting my immediate problem.

Interesting that you ask that because I've also decided I need
something like that for use when I'm commuting.

I've had a pair of Bose QC45 noise-canceling headphone for a while,
but I don't like using them outside as I prefer to be aware of what's
going on around me.

Same here.

The Bose only get used when I'm on a aircraft or a
long train journey.

I think I've settled on a pair of Shokz OpenFit Air and have read good
reviews about them. In the UK they seem to go for £119 wherever you
buy them. I'm just waiting for Amazon Prime day to come along to see
if the price drops then.

I'm seeing then more and more these days. I friend raves about them, but I
found them a bit "weird" when I tried them briefly. Might have another
look.

Chris