Re: The facts show Apple is two generations behind Android in AI (artificial intelligence)

Sujet : Re: The facts show Apple is two generations behind Android in AI (artificial intelligence)
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone comp.sys.mac.advocacy comp.sys.mac.apps comp.mobile.ipad
Date : 23. Jul 2024, 06:50:28
Chris wrote on Mon, 22 Jul 2024 18:31:21 -0000 (UTC) :

However, I also note that AirTags are NOT an iPhone feature; so we're still
waiting for even a single iPhone feature that leapfrogged that of Android.

badgolfernan has already convinced of your misconception so I'll refer you
to him.

While I don't have to dumb down the messaging when I converse with
badgolferman, for you I'll summarize we badgolferman & I currently stand:
1. Apple UWB trackers (Android has them also)
2. Apple Wallet/Pay systems (Android has them also)
3. Apple Emergency Satellite messaging (not yet available on Android)
4. In-person store one-on-one free customer support

Of those four items where Apple is clearly more successful, only the latter
two are missing on Android, although Google is planning on shipping the
satellite phone feature (free for two years, just like Apple has done).

However, the point isn't whether or not Apple is slightly more successful
because if we wanted to go that route, we'd start comparing Siri to Google
Assistant or Apple Maps to Google Maps or Or Apple's App Store to Google's
App Store. Or Apple's CarPlay to Android Auto. Or we could even dive deeper
into the weeds comparing any number of millions of apps such as NewsTap to
GroundHog newsreaders - so we need to be careful to not just compare stuff
we like better but which is on both platforms.

What we want to find is something that is on Apple that is NOT on Android.

Q: Name a single iPhone feature that you believe "leapfrogged" Android.
A: ?

To repeat as you ignored it last time: AirPods (+ Pros) and FaceID. Android
equivalents for the airpods have since caught up, mostly, but not FaceID.

Unfortunately for you, for you to claim FaceID is anything but a (rather
brilliant) mere marketing gimmick is not going to sit well with me, since I
am well aware why Apple customers *need* such a gimmick which is not secure
but which is easy - which is because the iPhone is designed as a dumb
terminal which is always logged into Cupertino servers such that Apple
needs you to lock your phone more than you need to lock your phone.

I realize most Apple owners live in the slums, and that most Apple owners
alive in abject fear of the people around them - and they quake with fear
when their wives or children or friends or neighbors are anywhere near
their iPhone, but a "normal" person does not live in abject fear.

For example, I don't have a lock on my phone and my data is far more secure
than if it were on any iPhone ever designed - so just be advised that
telling me you fell for the oldest marketing gimmick in the book doesn't
bode well for you in that FaceID is a garbage gimmick for gullible iSheep.

Besides, even Android has the same garbage gimmick.

There's also the Automation/ShortCuts feature which doesn't have an
equivalent in android and includes the Geofencing functionality which you
lauded didn't exist.

This is absurd. The automation on Android far surpasses anything on Apple.
I'm not even going to go there as you're desperate at this point.

Plus iphone security is currently uncrackable by the popular cracking tool
used by both law enforcement and others willing to pay the high fees:
https://www.techspot.com/news/103880-cellebrite-tools-cant-crack-iphones-running-ios-174.html

Jesus Christ. You fall for every marketing gimmick in the book, Chris.
Do you know the iPhone is far more exploited than Android, Chris?
 <https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog>

Do you realize that Android security for dozens of core modules is updated
monthly for every Android 10 device on the Internet while iOS is not?

Do you even realize that Pegasus often infects the iOS kernel and yet it
has NEVER been able to infect the Android kernel, Chris.

C'mon. You're grasping at straws by throwing marketing bullshit at us.
The fact is no phone is less secure than an Apple iPhone, Chris.

Android doesn't fare quite so well. For example, the Trump shooter had his
Samsung phone cracked:
https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/techandscience/the-fbi-got-into-the-trump-rally-shooter-s-phone-in-just-40-minutes/ar-BB1qhMgY

The iPhone is the most exploited smartphone in history, Chris.
 <https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog>

There are three times as many zero-day holes in iOS than in Android too.

The fact you take a single case and try to make your entire point about
that one case shows how desperate you are to make a point that isn't valid.