Re: iPhone can't show my wallet app during its lock screen due to lack of Apple Pay's card setup?

Sujet : Re: iPhone can't show my wallet app during its lock screen due to lack of Apple Pay's card setup?
De : nuh-uh (at) *nospam* nope.com (Alan)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 16. Aug 2024, 21:01:08
On 2024-08-16 11:56, Pip R. wrote:
On 8/16/24 11:36 AM, Alan wrote:
On 2024-08-16 09:28, Paul Goodman wrote:
Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:
Hello,

Is there really no way to have my iPhone 12 mini's iOS v17.5.1's Wallet
app, during its lock screen, to show up
after double clicking the right physical button without a credit/debit
card set up for Apple Pay?
https://www.iphonelife.com/content/how-use-apple-pay-your-iphone- lock-screen says so. :(

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

Why would you want that the happen? If you are not going to load a credit
or debit card in there, what is the point?

That would be my question:

Have it open for WHAT?
 I use it for my gym membership, loyalty cards, boarding passes, gift cards, and more.
I have a very hard time believing that you need to have a payment card in the Wallet for it to open on the lock screen.

 Ant, when iOS 18 is released here in another month or so you can change one of your shortcut buttons to open the Wallet app if it's something you frequently use.