Re: Apple is finally opening up NFC to third-party developers

Sujet : Re: Apple is finally opening up NFC to third-party developers
De : hugybear (at) *nospam* gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 18. Aug 2024, 08:34:07
On 16.08.24 15:02, Chris wrote:
On 15/08/2024 00:20, badgolferman wrote:
In addition to tap-to-pay systems, NFC handles functions like digital car
keys, transit cards, compatible home locks, hotel keys, student IDs, event
tickets and retail loyalty and reward cards. Apple says government IDs will
be “supported in the future.”

https://www.engadget.com/mobile/smartphones/apple-is-finally-opening-up-nfc-to-third-party-developers-in-ios-181-164028928.html
 How is different to the current system? Aren't all those things already
possible in Apple wallet?
No.

One gets the feeling that the EU is being targetted because of some of
the EC's actions.
Nonsense.

As a brit I wonder if we'll be tarred with the EU brush or whether we'll
get things like Apple Intelligence etc?
Nobody grills a separate sausage for the Brits. Learn to live with it.
Jörg
--
"Ave! Morituri te salutant!"