Re: Opinions on medications health iOS app?

Sujet : Re: Opinions on medications health iOS app?
De : REMOVETHISbadgolferman (at) *nospam* gmail.com (badgolferman)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 01. Sep 2024, 16:11:35
Chris wrote:

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
Chris wrote:

I use Medisafe. Much better than the built in function of iOS.

Could you explain a bit further?

Rather than have Alan start another endless argument with me maybe
it  would be better for you to see for yourself.

https://medisafeapp.com/features/

Thanks. I have already looked at it and its features I do like the
refill reminder bit. I am more interested in why feel it is much
better than the iOS built-in from your personal experience? For
example, how do the notifications show up?

They show up on the home page or any other page.  I chose the sound of
a shaking pill bottle.  You can snooze, dismiss, or confirm you took
them without opening the app, but I think that's really an iOS
function.  If all you take is one pill per day then the iOS medication
app is probably sufficient. If you take multiple different pills or at
different times of the day then this app is better.  It'll also inform
you of potential interactions and you can print out a report if
desired.  There is a page which shows you how many pills you have left
and will notify you if low.  Of course you actually have to enter the
amount you have initially and update it as you get refills.

I started out with Medisafe, tried out the iOS function, and went back
to Medisafe.  I've also turned on friends with Parkinson's disease to
it since they needed something to manage their prescriptions better.  I
take four blood pressure medicines due to it being hereditary in my
family on both sides.  I'm sure there are other apps which are just as
good, but I have no desire to switch since this one works great for me.