Re: What "forms" of 2FA is Apple requiring for all new Apple IDs?

Sujet : Re: What "forms" of 2FA is Apple requiring for all new Apple IDs?
De : nuh-uh (at) *nospam* nope.com (Alan)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 03. Sep 2024, 01:22:43
On 2024-09-02 15:07, Isaac Montara wrote:
On Mon, 2 Sep 2024 11:44:22 -0700, Alan wrote:

What "forms" of 2FA is Apple requiring for all new Apple IDs?

The fact is of all common consumer operating systems, as of February 2023,
only Apple *requires* you to completely lose your privacy by forcing you to
use 2FA (which, for most people, is accomplished by their personal phone).

Obviously I'm aghast that only Apple completely ignores any request for
privacy, but I can't fight it and still log into my Apple ID on my iPads.

While I gave Apple my personal very private cell phone number, because I
was forced to do it in order to create the new Apple ID, my question here
is how can we avoid giving Apple our privacy for the rest of our lives?

What other forms of 2FA can we give Apple to log into new Apple accounts?

I'm not entirely sure, but it seems you can get a different trusted device.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/102660

If you don't want to give out your personal phone number maybe a Google
Voice number would work. Use a Google solution to authenticate with Apple!

BTW, for your edification on Arlen's claim that this "only Apple":

'Can I turn 2-Step Verification off?
Currently, you can turn off 2-Step Verification after it's turned on automatically, but signing in with just a password makes your account much less secure.

Soon, 2-Step Verification will be required for most Google Accounts.'

<https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/10956730?hl=en#zippy=%2Ccan-i-turn--step-verification-off>
 Read what the link says next time before you post that kind of garbage.
A Google Account is not needed to use Android or Windows or Linux.
 Google controls its operating system just as Apple controls its OS.
And Google is not requiring MFV for use of their Android operating system.
I'm sure that's a nicety that all the ordinary consumers who set up Android phones are completely aware of...
...oh, wait.